Saturday, August 09, 2008

New stuff to do over the weekends

Woot ... This is my very first time doing wall climbing!! We went to 1 Utama, Camp 5. It is FUN!!!! I thought I wont reach to the top and will be always falling ... Guess what, I can do it toooo.... To the top. I used a lot of my fingers and hand strength and for a split second I really thought of giving up because my hands can't support the 'heavy me' .. but still i managed to reach to the top for the first 3 climbs... haha... the rest was fun too... it is tough when I tried the one color route and the not so easy route... totally new experience for me who do not like tough exercise. After the fourth climb, the instructor lead us to the auto belay section... the wall is definately higher, and what's funny? After i reached halfway to the top, i stopped and look down. And am afraid and my hands are tired and what's worst, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COME DOWN!!! I was too afraid to let go and let the belay swing me down... it is so embarrasing ... hahaha... For the last few rounds, the instructor took us to the a not so high wall, and we are not straped with any ropes... I forgotten what we call those walls... Felt quite insecure at first and always worry that I migh fall... but i didnt! here are some snaps ... notice the shake? no more energy to hold the camera... Great weekend activity with my bro... will definately going for the second, third, ..... time ...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great, Camp5 is so close by to you :p can go every week ler... enjoy urself and use more of your legs to push up rather than use ur hands to pull up ya? and wear proper clothings lah... jeans very difficult to kangkang your legs lah hahahahah

GKaeru said...

lol ... true, first time dunno mah, they said comfortable wear can edi... and I am comfortable in jeans :P About using more of the legs to push up instead of hands, i wonder how can i do that... i realize that i used my hands more... hmmm ...